The Corporation of the Township of Melancthon is now accepting applications
for the position of:
PUBLIC WORKS GENERAL LABOURER
(Full-time permanent position)
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, this position requires the ability to operate and maintain various types of equipment as well as manual work. The successful applicant must be able to work flexible hours, winter shifts, and occasional weekends as weather and circumstances dictate.
The preferred candidate will have:
• A valid DZ drivers license (AZ preferred) with a clean driver’s abstract
• 3-5 years experience operating the following equipment: Wheel loader/backhoe; Grader with snow plow equipment; Dump truck with snow plow/sander combination
• Be able to respond to emergency call-outs within 30 minutes
• Experience in road maintenance and construction
• Strong team work skills
• Knowledge of applicable Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• The ability to perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour outside in all weather conditions
The Township of Melancthon will offer the successful candidate a comprehensive benefit package and enrollment into the OMERS Pension Plan. The pay range for this position is $26.36 – $29.95 per hour.
Applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 26, 2019.
Corporation of the Township of Melancthon
157101 Highway 10
Attention: Craig Micks, Director of Public Works
The Township of Melancthon is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection. If you require an accessible format, please email email@example.com. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.